How to create a Capability Directory entry
If you organisation doesn't have an entry in the Capability Directory you may want to create an entry. This is free, is not very difficult and is a great way to promote your company and its capabilities.The following may help.
Before You Start
- Your company must have an office in Australia.
- Your organisation must have something to do with Embedded Systems! e.g. designing, manufacturing, creating, selling, or researching, embedded systems and embedded systems related tools.
[If you think we will allow you post advertisements for dating sites, drugs, computer games etc etc... on our site you are dreaming.]
- You must have an account on this web site and the authority to create a directory entry on behalf of your company.
- You can create an account by clicking here.
- Then wait for a return email confirming you have been accepted as a new user. [This step is a security precaution against spam.]
- Then revisit this page to continue!
You'll need this:
- High resolution logo in RGB (not PMS or CMYK colour space) colours as a png or jpg file. About 1000-1500 pixels on the longest side is fine. Of course, by providing your logo you are giving permission to publish it on this website and in a printed version of the Capabiltiy Directory.
- Text on your company. About 150 words is perfect. [Warning: We may edit long entries to shorten them.]
Please restrict yourself to simple neat formatting, e.g. standard headings, bullet or numbered lists. No fancy fonts. No embedded images.
- An idea of your strengths in order to fill out the Capability rankings. [A hint: If you say you rank "Very High" at everything you run the risk that no-one will believe you!]
- Contact Information: Address, Website link plus a key contact's Name, Email and Telephone numbers.
Create an Entry
By the way: when you create an entry don't forget to press 'Save' at the bottom of the page!
The capabilities are separated in Research and Industry. The Capability ratings are quite different.
- Research Organisation: Is my company a research organisation? Examples are NICTA, CSIRO and Universities. For Research organisations a primary "product" is Intellectual Property. Organisations with many embedded systems activities, e.g. Universities should make one entry per major activity.
Research examples are here.
To create a Research entry click here. [The link won't work if you are not an authorised user!]
- Company or Industry Organisation: This is the norm. This is for companies whose primary activity is not Research. These include designers, manufacturers, vendors, consultants, developers of embedded systems and embedded systems related tools.
Industry examples are here.
To create an Industry entry click here. [The link won't work if you are not an authorised user!]
When you create an entry don't forget to press 'Save' at the bottom of the page! If you don't want to save just close the page.
If you encounter problems email adminembeddedsystemsaustralia [dot] com [dot] au.